Our mission is to attract and effectively grow permanent funds; provide leadership and administration that helps in addressing significant community needs; and help donors fulfill their philanthropic interests.
The Golden and District Community Foundation began as a steering committee in March, 2001, was incorporated in BC as a non-profit Society in June, 2001, and then became a registered charity in December, 2001.
- To accumulate charitable donations in a permanent endowment fund to provide residents with an enduring means to help shape our community’s future.
- To allocate income from these donations to support a wide range of initiatives which build and strengthen our community for years to come.
Further, our constitution states, “The purpose of the foundation is to support programs which advance the widest ranging community improvements in such areas as arts and culture, health and social services, heritage preservation, community facilities and programs, education, sports and recreation.”
- Act in an open, accessible, respectful, and ethical manner.
- Building community capacity.
- Understanding the changing nature of our communities.
- Creating opportunities for dialogue.
- Developing partnerships.
- Reflecting diversity and fostering renewal.
- Establishing an effective and imaginative grants program.
- Building community assets and facilitating philanthropy.
- Evaluating and sharing results.
- Implementing responsive and accountable processes.
- Balancing our resources.
The Golden & District Community Foundation's (GDCF's) registered charity # is 88123 4116 RR0001.
Society # S-43426 (BC Society Act - Certificate of Incorporation - July 16, 2001).